Effective March 13, 2020, Doylestown Friends has closed the meetinghouse. Click HERE for more information on that decision. Starting March 15, we are hosting an online Meeting For Worship at the regular Sunday time of 10 – 11a.m.
Here’s what you need to have to participate in these online meetings:
Access to Zoom: You’ll log into the meeting using software called Zoom, which is the industry leader in video conferencing. We highly recommend downloading the Zoom app on your computer, but you can use your internet browser. You can even access Zoom on an app on your phone or tablet. (A computer often works better.)
Specific Meeting For Worship Zoom Link: For security reasons, DFM will now be using a different Zoom link for each Meeting For Worship. To get this link, you must be on the DFM Google Group/List Serve. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the Google Group. The zoom link will be sent on Saturday evenings.
Tips and Etiquette For Online Meeting:
- You have the option to hide your video at anytime.
- It’s important that you stay muted until you are moved to speak so that other attenders can worship and hear without interruption.
- The clerk of the meeting (and host of the online meeting) will make every effort to reduce background noise and ease the transition between speakers. If you are accidentally muted, please do not take it personally.
- It may take some time to get the technology working on your end. Again, downloading the Zoom app is recommended. Headphones are also recommended. And watch the Zoom instructional videos above.
- Thanks for your patience as we get this up and rolling!