It is with joy that I am announcing the Doylestown Meetinghouse will be open for Meeting For Worship again starting this Sunday, August 1 at 10:00 a.m.
This and future meetings will be hybrid in-person/Zoom meetings. If you do not plan to attend in person, you will be able to attend via Zoom in the exact same way we have been holding meetings since March 2020.
Although we will again be able to worship in person, this reopening comes with guidelines that will help our community, which is predominately older (and wiser), stay safe during this continuing pandemic.
The process of reopening was considered by an ad-hoc Reopening Committee including members of Pastoral Concerns Committee, Worship & Ministry Committee and the Co-Clerks. This committee’s recommendations were then considered by the entire meeting at multiple Business Meetings, and through the sense of the meeting, the following guidelines were created (link below):
I highly recommend that you read the guidelines if you are considering attending in person. The highlights of the guidelines are:
- We ask that you only attend if you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Masks will be required for everyone anytime they are in the meetinghouse (30-person max capacity).
- A greeter will be outside the meetinghouse with masks for those who don’t bring their own.
- First Day School will be held via Zoom until further notices.
- Read The Full Guidelines (including how to attend via Zoom).
This unprecedented process was not taken lightly and many people worked very hard to make it a possibility. I thank them for their commitment to our Quaker Meeting.
July 25, 2021